On Tue, Jul 15, 2008 at 01:58:05PM +0200, wlanmac wrote:
> The concept of having configurations in XML could help. It's a bit
> easier to make rigid definitions, version these definitions, create
> off-line syntax checkers, and render the data in all sorts of
> formats...

Sorry, but in some respects I look at all these web interfaces and just
cringe; the webif was never meant to be a lifelong ambition, it should
only be a very thin layer between uci and the browser. All of the schema
and validation, as well as the i18n should actually be handled on the
uci side of things and should not be duplicated by every presentation
layer loaded ontop of uci.

In other words, I should be able to point at any variable and get uci to
tell me where it fits in the overall schema, what the possible values
are and what the i18n description of the variable is, in whatever
language packs I have installed.