Hi Sebastian,

few months ago I tested something (was the lighting system) implementation
with updates via osg::Image and osg::Texture - not related to instancing at
all, but the mentioned method. My colleague then did benchmarking and the
update of the Image (and the texture) by OSG was terribly slow - the same
thing using raw OpenGL calls out-performed the one from OSG. I also
remember Robert implemented then the Vertex Attribute Divisor wrapper for
OSG so it might really need example of these with various techniques ...

Thanks for the ping :-)

Nick

trajce nikolov nick