Hi Vincent,

are you adding the export thingymajiggies to the singleton in your lib for Windows? Getting singletons to work across DLL's in Windows is a pain.

We've had the same issues on Windows where a singleton was not exactly a singleton. We were using the Loki::SingletonHolder and got it to work eventually. The details are more than I'd like to remember, but the mailing list of the Loki libs had some good information.

http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?forum_name=loki-lib-general

See also here:
http://developer.vrjuggler.org/ticket/12

jp

Vincent Bourdier wrote:
Hi Robert,

I get more info : the singleton is not destroyed, but is called from the lib I did and from the exe itself. When the lib call the singleton, it works good. when the exe call the singleton, It does a new call to constructor ...

Any idea about how to solve that problem ?

Thanks.

Regards,
   Vincent.

2009/5/19 Robert Osfield <robert.osfi...@gmail.com <mailto:robert.osfi...@gmail.com>>

    On Tue, May 19, 2009 at 2:24 PM, Vincent Bourdier
    <vincent.bourd...@gmail.com <mailto:vincent.bourd...@gmail.com>> wrote:
     > Hi Robert,
     >
     > I think I get it :
     >
     > I seems to be due to the osgDB::DynamicLibrary instance I use,
    which ref_ptr
     > unref when leaving the load code, so the destructor of the
     > RegisterReaderWriterProxy (my equivalent) was called, and it
    seems to be
     > sufficient to force a new call to the Registry constructor.
     >
     > Does it sounds right for you ?

    I can't comment on code I'm not party to.

    As a general note one shouldn't be able to delete a internally
    singleton used in my example without doing a instance()=0;  Just take
    a ref_ptr<> to the return won't delete the object as the instance()
    method keeps around a copy.

This message is subject to the CSIR's copyright terms and conditions, e-mail legal notice, and implemented Open Document Format (ODF) standard. The full disclaimer details can be found at http://www.csir.co.za/disclaimer.html.

This message has been scanned for viruses and dangerous content by MailScanner, and is believed to be clean. MailScanner thanks Transtec Computers for their support.