Hi Greg,

Warning tangent alert...

Back in the day (early 80's) one of my mates to test the boot process of a
new machine, would set his transistor radio going next to the machine.
It would be totally off station so as just to hear static.
Then as the machine boots, you listen to the RF interference.
As the machine executes different parts of the boot sequence there were
clear changes in the tone.
(memory checks are long sequence of the same tone, other processes are all
over the place, nothing is nothing)
You need to know the sound of a healthy boot to recognise an unhealthy boot.

I thought he was mad until I saw it!
I do not think it would be as valid today with much faster clock speeds.
This was on machines based on M6800 CPUs (
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Motorola_6800).

Regards
Greg