From: ozdotnet-boun...@ozdotnet.com [mailto:ozdotnet-boun...@ozdotnet.com] On
Behalf Of Greg Keogh
Sent: Saturday, 23 January 2016 6:04 PM
To: ozDotNet <ozdotnet@ozdotnet.com>
Subject: Re: [OT] New PC no video

My friend just rang to say he got the new box working, but in a way the
confused and worried him. He also could get no video out of the motherboard, so
in desperation he stuck a video card in, and it worked. Then in the BIOS screen
he set it to use "onboard video" (which normally has to be the default), after
which it works without the video card. So how stupid is that?! A perfect
Catch-22 .. you can't configure the video to work until you get the video
working. Sheesh! I'wondering if the ASRock board come out of the factory with
the wrong settings -- GK

On 23 January 2016 at 17:43, Ian Thomas