Can I just say that it would be terrible if this thread deteriorated yet
again into a personal slinging match.  Please can we all keep in our minds
and our hearts that we are all doing what we can, with the time we have, to
further the cause and help women...making comments on people's tone is not
in my honest opinion called for, or constructive.

A lovely friend of mine, one of the wisest women I know, has talked with me
about the email thing and the problems that we as women in particular,
encounter with it.  Her take on it, and I agree wholeheartedly is that we
must keep in mind that it was invented by blokes, and that it has no ability
to convey the subtlety of emotion that we often use to soften or round off
our comments.  Its purpose initially was probably for the sharing of meeting
minutes, and the like.  We don't talk like that, we don't communicate like
that, and when we attempt to use a medium that doesn't have the features we
need to put across the whole of the message, not just the words, then
something within that message can be lost.

Please, please, can we keep our own agendas out of this.  I have been a
member of birth support and information groups for nearly 10 years and for
the most part, it has been smooth sailing.  I still don't have a handle on
what the MC really does, even though I've been a member for sometime, and
our consumer groups have been members.  That doesn't mean I'm not
interested, or supportive.  It means I'm uninformed, and I thought for a
minute there, with this thread, that I might become a bit more informed.

This is a public list.  Christopher Cain and other presidents of the AMA
would be laughing their heads off if they were aware of the bitching and
internal back biting that goes on between us all.  As I've said before, with
us behaving like this, they have nothing to worry about.

Tania

2:43 PM