From: "George Sinos"
Subject: Re: Adobe CS5 vs. Lightroom 3

Just jumping in here.

I just saw a short interview with Scott Kelby.  He was asked about his
use of Lightroom and Photoshop.  He said that is a little strange that
the guy known as the Photoshop king does about 80% of  his work in
Lightroom.  He also said that when he does go to Photoshop it is for
creative as opposed to corrective or bulk work.

This is how Lightroom/Photoshop should be used. I suppose it isn't surprising that Kelby knows this, he's the founding father and I believe the president of NAAP. Anyway, I import everything via Lightroom, since I can add appropriate keywords and the like at that time. I use Lightroom for what I consider the prep work to my editing process. I use it for setting white balance, flagging the picks and that sort of thing. Any web galleries I've done over the past couple of years have been generated by Lightroom. Once I'm past that stage, I'm pretty much done with Lightroom, and I then move on to Photoshop.

William Robb