On Sat, Aug 7, 2010 at 1:33 PM, Tom C <caka...@gmail.com> wrote:

> What I find odd is that one would use an *automated* *image adjustment
> workflow* in a manner that is like taking ones images to a 3rd party
> processor and having all images processed using the same parameters. ...

a) Who said anything about an *automated image adjustment workflow*?
b) Where do you find this to be the case in the use of Lightroom?

You can apply the same adjustments to as many or as few image
simultaneously as you want.
You can apply any specifically different adjustments you want to any
individual image you want at any time you want.

In other words, with Lightroom, you can automate doing as much, or as
little, of the workflow as is sensible for what you are trying to
achieve.

You're speaking as someone who presumes quite a lot but knows quite
little about using Lightroom. I suggest you go to one of the several
free sites offering Lightroom tutorials and work your way through a
few of them so that you understand it better before you make
statements about how it works.

--
Godfrey
  godfreydigiorgi.posterous.com