On 2010-08-07 13:43 , Tom C wrote:
So do those of you using workflow do it largely for organizational purposes?

yes, my workflow is largely about organization; early on i set aside the larger portion of images, but i also quickly process them in order to be able to find them later, except for those i completely discard

these first passes take only a few minutes for a day's worth of photos; it is after this that i work on adjustments and selections among a smaller set of photos; Aperture (or Lightroom) makes it easy to focus on more worthy images after the initial filtering has been done

in my consulting i have a specialty in workflow for publishing and other environments; it is not only in photography that one can have large sets of items to organize and act upon; i have often found myself working with fairly limited tools to construct a workflow, so it's very refreshing how highly evolved Lightroom and Aperture are as workflow tools; nonetheless one still has to think and be open to experimentation to develop an effective workflow