Stanley Halpin wrote:

So, a 24-70 on FF and one on APS and switching between the two might work.  :-)

An alternate strategy to think about:
        As Bill mentioned, you have an option on the K-1 to shoot full frame,
APS-C crop, or Auto. The new little mode dial makes it easy to switch. So get
the K-1, get the D FA 24-70/2.8. Use it full frame. Except when you force it to
crop mode, and then you have a 42-105…

The open question is how good the K-1 is as a pseudo APS-C camera compared with
the K-5 or K-3. Is it as good or better even in this mode? [For values of
good/better which lie somewhere in a multidimensional space with dimensions
such as Resolution, Tonality, Resistance to noise at High ISO, Dynamic Range,
etc.]
stan

The K-1 should have the same resolution at APS as the K-5, and a much newer sensor, so I'd expect it to be slightly better. The one downside might be framerate. Has anyone measured to see if framerate in APS is any faster than in FF?

Alternately, I just shoot FF with the 24-70 (or 28-75), and worry less about people going out of frame when they get thrown.

I do expect that one advantage of the K-5 is that it is probably a bit quieter than the K-1.