Vinicius,
Thank you. I'd very much appreciate knowing when and where the translation is available. Just skimming over your sources and their juxtapositions intrigued me.
Bill

Vin¨cius Romanini wrote:
Bill,
Interestingly, this is my main concern too - and I agree the quotes given by Joe go straight to Peirce¨s late definition of Sign as a medium for communication. I have explored a bit these ideas in an article (in Portuguese) in which Peirce¨s definiton of Perfect Sign in terms of Entelechy is related to the dispute between Poincar¨ and Boltzmann (and how all this relates to Prigogine¨s ideas) http://www.eca.usp.br/caligrama/n_2/1%20ViniciusRomanini.pdf I might have it translated into English in some weeks, if you are interested. Best,
Vinicius