--- Dan Sugalski <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> ... and therefore ICU will continue to stay in CVS
> as part of parrot. Period.
>
> The alternative here is the same alternative as with
> GMP and big numbers--we can yank ICU *if* someone
> writes an alternate Unicode implementation for us.
> --
>                               Dan

The following comments aren't directed at you Dan,
just my personal opinion on ICU.

ICU is giving Parrot a black eye.  The ICU we have in
CVS right now is really old and broken.  We are
shipping a "bare bones" version of ICU that doesn't
build very easily anywhere.

I don't want to sound like I am complaining without
offering to help out with the work.  I just didn't
want to take the initiative without direction and have
it be an excersise in futility - that's why I made
multiple suggestions.

Ok - so which way do we go?
A.  Leave it as is
B.  Upgrade to a bare bones 3.0
C.  Upgrade to a full version of 3.0
D.  Improve the config/gen/icu.pl with any of the
previous options
E.  Something else entirely?

Joshua Gatcomb
a.k.a. Gat