At 4:40 PM +0200 8/9/04, Paolo Molaro wrote:
If people are interested, we might be able to cooperate to develop a
library which does just that (unicode string collation) and which
could be imported and used both in mono and parrot (with minimal or no
changes).
From the mono point of view, the license would have to be of the MIT/X11
kind (though initially written in C, I'd like to be able to move the
code to C# later to take advantage of the jit: our C# libs are MIT/X11
licensed). I guess this would be fine for parrot as well, but let me
know if it's not.

I'd love to do this, but I'm not sure if we're compatible with an MIT/X11 license. However...

I'm all up for pitching this into the public domain and being done with it. That dodges all the licensing issues, and I've no problem going with Official Signed Documentation of that fact. (We'd like the code to be C, for reasonably obvious reasons :)