Today I received these lines from the TEN developers:

> We are releasing an update to our API that may affect your application.
> Here's what's changing:
>
> As described in our API documentation here:
>
> http://developer.echonest.com/docs/v4/catalog.html#update
>
> our catalog (a.k.a. Taste Profile) API has a documented limit of 100,000
> items per taste profile. Although this is a documented limit, until
> today, this limit has never been enforced. Starting today we are
> enforcing this limit. This means if you try to add more than 100K items
> to a Taste Profile, the call will fail with an error. Taste profiles
> that are already larger than 100K items will retain their full set of
> items, but you will not be able to add any more items to them. You may
> want to check your catalog update code to make sure that you handle this
> new behavior properly.

Most of you won't care. But I know that there are several users with up
to 100k-500k tracks! Unfortunately SmartMix won't work for you any
longer. I'll add a few lines to the scanner code to not even start
exporting your profile if you have >100k tracks. So at least you won't
waste your time working your way through all your tracks.

If you happen to have more than 100k tracks, then I'd suggest you
un-install the plugin.

I'm sorry about that.

Michael

http://www.herger.net/slim-plugins - AlbumReview, Biography,