Charles Marcus ha scritto:
On 10/29/2008, Joe Sloan ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:
All our production boxes are 100% reiserfs, and have been for some
years, based on performance testing. They have been rock solid, and most
of them have 800 day uptimes at this point. I did some performance
comparisons a few months ago and reiser still has a large lead over
ext3. As reiser has always been the default filesystem on suse
enterprise linux, it stands to reason that it has been well vetted.

I'd have to say 'me too' here, although I only use it for our maildirs...

My understanding is reiserfs' big weak point is unclean shutdowns, which
can be minimized/eliminated by using good UPS's and hardware RAID cards
with battery backup for the cache...

Mine survived one unclean shutdown (extended power outage in the middle
of the night) with no problems...

I've also hear people who have had nightmares with ext3...

No filesystem is perfect.

No filesystem is perfect, that's certainty so.
BTW thank's for these answers as well, the decision will not be easy and I'll
make some tests as well.

Bye Simon