On Mon, Mar 31, 2014 at 05:52:33PM +0200, Pau Peris wrote:

> thanks a lot for your time and the great explanation, but i think that's
> not what i'm looking for.
>
> What i'm trying to accomplish is to make sure the from address used in the
> envelope is the same address used to login. I don't mind if they use a
> different reply to address or something similar.

Well, your previous post sure seemed to imply that you wanted to restrict
the From: address in the message header.  Do you know what the term
"envelope sender address" means in SMTP?  I think not.

> I thought smtpd_sender_login_maps plus reject_unlisted_sender and
> reject_authenticated_sender_login_mismatch would do the trick but there's a
> case where login address is the same as the sender address - at least
> that's what it looks like after checking the mail.log - but once i get the
> email at Google Apps i notice the From header belongs to the forged address
> edited through the Identity edit form which AfterLogic Webmail provides.

There you go again, talking about the header From.  MAKE UP YOUR MIND!

> What i would like is to reject the email when the from address has been
> edited.
>
> I hope you can help me to get a clue here.

First understand that the SMTP envelope sender address is NOT the
same thing as the message header From: address.

--
        Viktor.