Am 11.06.23 um 16:20 schrieb Wietse Venema via Postfix-users:
spi via Postfix-users:
Hi all

My users have a local mail address user@internal.local with different
aliases (virtual_mailbox_maps, virtual_alias_maps). Receiving and
sending mails through different relay hosts (am using
sender_dependent_relayhost_maps) works without issues. As MDA I use
dovecot with lmtp transport.

Recently I stumbled across an issue with dovecot's sieve vacation plugin:

A user with the alias a...@external.com (and the internal mail address
a@internal.local) receives an email and the sieve vacation plugin is
supposed to reply with an out of office message. RFC 5230 suggests that
ooo replies are sent with an empty SMTP MAIL FROM address.

Sieve vacation creates an ooo reply with an empty MAIL FROM which then
postfix tries to deliver directly to the receiving MX - which in my case
ignores my relay hosts and therefore fails.

I can make sieve vacation use a MAIL FROM address which then violates
RFC 5230 - but this works only for users without virtual aliases (they
need their @external.com be their mailbox address and not the
@internal.local one - otherwise the reply is sent by user@internal.local
which also doesn't work).

I can't get sieve vacation work and was looking for postfix to somehow
use header_checks and FILTER to choose a relay host for ooo replies but
couldn't figure it out yet - any help would be highly appreciated.
Indeed, a FILTER action takes precedence over other Postfix routing
mechansms.

You'd use a rule like:

     Key     Value
     ===     ===================
     pattern FILTER smtp:nexthop

Where 'nexthop' equals the sender_dependent_relayhost_maps info for
the auto-responding user. The tricky part is the 'pattern'.

Hi Wietse

Thanks for the support - then I wasn't completely wrong with FILTER. I
couldn't get my fingers around a pattern to check for the existence of a
particular header and an empty MAIL FROM. Any advice on postfix examples
for further reading?

Sebastian

--
Cheers