On Sun, Jun 11, 2023 at 11:28:46AM +0200, spi via Postfix-users wrote:

> My users have a local mail address user@internal.local with different
> aliases (virtual_mailbox_maps, virtual_alias_maps). Receiving and
> sending mails through different relay hosts (am using
> sender_dependent_relayhost_maps) works without issues. As MDA I use
> dovecot with lmtp transport.

To what end do various users need separate outbound relay hosts?

> Sieve vacation creates an ooo reply with an empty MAIL FROM which then
> postfix tries to deliver directly to the receiving MX - which in my case
> ignores my relay hosts and therefore fails.

Why does this fail?  What's wrong with delivering the notifications via
the default relay or direct to the remote domain's MX?

Perhaps instead of trying to direct null sender messages via per-user
relays, some simplification of your design might avoid the problem
entirely?

--
    Viktor.