On Mon, Jun 12, 2023 at 11:25:52AM +0200, spi via Postfix-users wrote:

> > To what end do various users need separate outbound relay hosts?
>
> For some of the aliases I am not the authoritive mail server.

How does the mail end up delivered to your system?

> >> Sieve vacation creates an ooo reply with an empty MAIL FROM which
> >> then postfix tries to deliver directly to the receiving MX - which
> >> in my case ignores my relay hosts and therefore fails.
> >
> > Why does this fail?  What's wrong with delivering the notifications via
> > the default relay or direct to the remote domain's MX?
>
> For some of the aliases I am not the authoritive mail server.

But the null sender isn't one of those "aliases", so why does mail
with a null sender need to transit through a particular relay?

Is DMARC/DKIM the concern?  Can't the "authoritative" domains that
forward mail to you for storage delegate a DKIM selector and associated
key to your system, so you don't need to relay through their servers?

--
    Viktor.