On Mon, May 19, 2008 at 09:10:27PM -0700, Jonathan Vanasco wrote:
> so is Apache considered to be a good thing (through mod_wsgi ,
> mod_python , or other ?)
>
> i've been doing mod_perl dev for years, and have had some experience
> with mod_python -- generally speaking, my experience is that if you
> can avoid apache you're better off.  i guess that's what is throwing
> me off.  i equate apache with "isn't there a better way now?"

I don't mean to come off as sounding curt, but I've often heard that
from people who haven't really maintained the alternatives.  Or that
have an application that gets deployed in a highly isolated environment,
where interoperability means nothing.

Frankly, the flexability of Apache is what makes it so much better
than the alternatives.  It has solid support for just about anything
related to the web.  It has excellent, complete documentation
surrounded by a large, knowledgeable user community.

I equate Apache with "There is no better general solution", even
though various half-assed alternatives have been cooked up.

--
Ross Vandegrift
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

man in the bonds of Hell."