On May 20, 9:13 pm, Graham Dumpleton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> Also see my comments in other post, but when you say 'proxy' I hope
> you don't really mean 'proxy'.

I wrote 'proyxing' when I meant 'pushing'

Let me rephrase...

In my standard setups,

nginx on port 80
  maps static content routes to webroots (ie: public pylons folder)
  proxies other requests to application servers for dynamic content -
to free them up for requests

nginx is a great app - it does proxy and static html serving really
well

i was able to get a mod_perl app to go from
   50 r/s - 1 mp server
   90 r/s - apache vanilla on :80 for static, proxy to apache :8081
for dynamic
   140 r/s - nginx on :80 for static, proxy to :8081 for dynamic

granted, in there i did a lot of juggling with min/max servers and
memory... but the continual offloading from apache freed up more
resources and let me do that.