On Fri, Nov 5, 2010 at 9:24 AM, David Gardner <dgard...@creatureshop.com> wrote:
> So as a user what matters to me is that I can still continue to:
>
> 1) use SQLAlchemy to fetch stuff
> 2) call some backend modules with that data
> 3) maybe store the results in Beaker
> 4) then send those results to Mako

Yes for 1, 3, and 4. I'm not sure what you mean by #2.

Pyramid has a Paster template called "pyramid_sqla" that preconfigures
a SQLAlchemy+Mako application to the same level as Pylons 1. I think
it also includes Beaker but I'm not 100% sure about that. In any case,
the pyramid-beaker plugin is already written. And Pyramid includes an
equivalent to Routes, which is in the process of gaining all of
Route's features.

Pyramid includes a sopisticated auth system that's more integrated
than Repoze.who/what.

It looks like Pyramid does not include a form builder/validator, but
you should be able to use FormEncode/WebHelpers or ToscaWidgets or the
SQLAlchemy-form packages as usual. (I'll be testing a
FormEncode/WebHelpers app soon.) You may have to provide your own code
for @validate or an equivalent, at least at this stage.

You can define your own lib functions and call them from a view or
model. I think that's what you mean by #2?

--
Mike Orr <sluggos...@gmail.com>