ÎÎÎ Sat, 11 Dec 2004 19:41:31 +0000,Î(Î) Tony Firshman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> ÎÎÏÎÏÎ/wrote:

On  Sat, 11 Dec 2004 at 17:36:17, David Tubbs wrote:
(ref: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>)

There is no requirement to certify for "Brussels". Self-certification is fine, for CE specifically.
Was the rumour around at the time, emissions compliance.
Sorry - do not understand the question.

What rumours?
Self-certification for CE is build into the rules.

Well, I remember reading in IQLR that this was the reason for the discontinuation of the (very popular to the US users) QXL card... I don't know who started it but I remember seeing an advertisment for the the PC card that was supposed to use the SuperGold Card and it said something to that effect...
Maybe it was S.H's way to reduce residual effects from people learning about the financial situation created by QXL's design and launch..

Nothing says that you have to pay for expensive lab work.

BTW Sturat put a QL outfit in a PC case I set up through the emissions
test when he worked for a testing company.
It passed emissions.
He did not try the lightning strike test!

A standard QL, even the US one, does not stand a chance.

I wish we had the US version.  You simply have to stick a label on to
say it might cause interference.

It's a little more complicated than that nowadays... actually it is more strict than the CE mark and in any case IIRC in Europe interference compliance doesn't involve individual parts just a complete appliance...