ÎÎÎ Sat, 18 Dec 2004 10:46:41 +0000,Î(Î) John Taylor <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> ÎÎÏÎÏÎ/wrote:

Sorry, but Quanta don't own the rights to Jan Jones book.
The agreement was that Quanta would be the publisher and we paid Jan Jones a royalty for each book printed.
We did two print runs whilst I was treasurer and sold all of them.
It would be uneconomic to do another print run and publishing electronically would be illegal.

John Taylor.

Why?

Electronic Publishing ensures Jan Jones would even get her funds faster. If the agreement is "do a run give me royalties" what is more beneficial for everyone than making money?

Illegality would exist ONLY if you printed without a. Intent to pay royalties and b. an agreement...