Malcolm Cadman wrote, on 19/Jun/10 20:45 | Jun19:

Interesting stuff ... :-)

I agree that the "personal computer" may just become another technological casualty as the 21st Century progresses.

Devices like iPads look like being the way forward that most people will go for.

After all "PC's" and the www, only really became popular to use by people who wanted to chat, play music, watch video, etc; and have it all relatively easily presented to them.

I am looking forward to have an iPad like device myself, though, too ... although I would expect to make a wider use of it than just entertainment.
... well once it becomes a *real* multitasking computer.
The first release is, to my mind, an early development version.

I guess you have noticed it has the micro-sim - not yet reached the UK in phones. Current SIMs can be cut down and there is already an adaptor to std SIMs available.

Tony

--
QBBS (QL fido BBS 2:257/67) +44(0)1442-828255
       t...@firshman.co.uk     http://firshman.co.uk