In message <aanlktiksjke34p4bw1hldg73ejkzyzkrn_k6wlmkx...@mail.gmail.com>, Darren Branagh <darrenbran...@gmail.com> writes

On 6/19/10, Malcolm Cadman <q...@mcad.demon.co.uk> wrote:

I am looking forward to have an iPad like device myself, though, too ...
although I would expect to make a wider use of it than just
entertainment.

Why? its a toy..... its an Apple iTouch on steroids. I had one for a
while testing it (I'm working for the mobile phone network 3 at
present, and they are interested in the 3G version for obvious
reasons) and I pretty much hated it - dont get me wrong, its
beautiful, it makes you go "ohhhhh" when you first use it, but a
replacement for a good laptop it aint - its a nice toy, and an
overpriced one at that - the eee pad (the iPad looking version of the
cheap netbook eeepc that came out a few years ago) should be a better
buy. And will probably run QPC too.... .now, a handheld touchscreen
QL, wouldnt that be nice?

Hi Darren,

Glad to have you back on the list, contributing ... :-)

The first version of anything is never that good ... I will wait for version 2 or 3 before using one.

Although, the millions of users will just grow and grow, I suspect for iPad like devices ( a lot of rivals are being planned for launch ).

The PC way, with a QWERTY keyboard will start to have had its day.

Mobile phones with keyboards have not exactly been popular with the majority of users.

The ergonomics of the touch screen are better.

A future device could be very interesting.

--
Malcolm Cadman