On Fri, 25 Oct 2002, Marcel Kilgus wrote:

> This would result in a complete mess. The semantic of a keyword
> depending on the order in which the extensions are loaded, no thanks.
> The easy and better solution is to just always add a prefix. But this
> is nothing one can (or should) enforce. A nice mail to the toolkit
> author might already be enough.

I can see how it would lead to the IFDEF nightmares of C...

However, I did say that's how *I* would solve the problem and this is
incorrect. It would solve a symptom of the problem. The problem is that
the OS extensibility is too flexible, and allows toolkits to trample and
interfere with each other.

imvvvho.

Dave

    • ... Wolfgang Lenerz