>Wolfgang writes:
>
>I've read this thread about names clashes in toolkits etc.
>with quite some interest.
<>
>3 - As a guideline, perhaps authors of future toolkits might
>want to envisage that they should, indeed, preface their
>extensions with, say, their initials, such as WL_ASEARCH
>instead of ASEARCH etc.
>
>This depends, of course, on your cooperation, but it might
>make future clashes less likely.
>
>What do you think?

Toolkits will often be grouped for special purposes, such as array
manipulation, string parsing, or to manipulate some low-level object (such
as a database or timer, etc). Wouldnt it be more logical and aesthetically
pleasing to use prefixes such as MAT_, STR_, DB_, CLK_, etc rather than WL_
or PJW_ ?

Per