There was a person on the list that had a syrinx, but sadly, she passed
away.  She had a shunt put in that let the fluid in the syrinx drain
continuously into her stomach.  Since you're doing research anyway, perhaps
do some research on a shunt.  Neither is a no joke surgery.  Are you sure
your digestive issues are from the syrinx and not something more common
like IBS?