Thank you Kevin.  I understand and appreciate
the problem you describe.

However, I am not trying to download at 2 Meg;
indeed the VOIP app is very happy on a 44 K
dial-up with the other Internet provider.

There seems to be adequate bandwidth, as I
can load my cable connection with additional
downloads and it has no effect on the level
of packet loss and delay.  The garble is at
a constant level, whether it is at 8 PM or
5 AM.

It seems to me that my VOIP is being tampered
with to force me to abandon it in favor of
the "company" VOIP.  Others may wish to
consider using a link method other than VOIP,
depending on their Internet providers.