In a fit of irresponsibility I stole a half hour from my job overload and hooked up an old laptop on which I had installed DecoderPro, a USB to Serial adapter (Keyspan 19HS), connected to my NCE PowerPro. I downloaded WiThrottle Lite (free) from the app store onto a dinosaur iPod Touch I had laying around. Now I have a wireless throttle. Worked as soon as I got everything hooked up, which took 20 minutes total.

You veteran S Scalers always talk about getting this or that from your parts box. I had to buy the USB to Serial adapter, but the rest was in my "parts box," so my total cost was $30.

-Michael Eldridge

---In S-Scale@yahoogroups.com, <s-scale@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Hi All!  It's FNF 10/4/13!

Time for us to all update what we've been doing in S scale.  I'll go first:

It's been a hectic two weeks on account of my wife's father's last days and eventual passing.  However, among the busy schedule of late, I taken some of my time that becomes available and have been dusting off my stuff, continuing to take inventory, and getting some things headed my way so I can further projects.  Such as...

* Ordered a good chunk of S scale detail parts order from Bill's Train Shop for my various engine projects.

* Purchased some Wiseman S scale detail parts off eBay.

* Purchased the needed items from Northwest Short Line to re-power one of my Baldwin's to see if it would be worth the effort (and thus re-power them all).  They run pretty darn good as is, but being a "performance freak", I am wondering if I can make them even a smidge better.

* Purchased "CB&Q In Color Vol. 3" that has some excellent KC area shots therein.

* OH... and it's official now: I'm a bonafide member on NASG!  I received my member's packet and THREE Dispatch issues in the mail this week.

In all, things are reviving and ever so slowly I'm figuring out where I'm at in my modeling and taking steps to have the needed items in order to make some tangible progress.

All from me... who's next?

Andre Ming