What are you talking about, gmail is a decent web based mail free
service, works much better then yahoo, or hotmail. It is not slow and
does not have to be used with dail up. and its is the only free
service that offers free POP3...yahoo charges for that. Yes it is
attached to google, and I agree that could be a draw back.....but then
Yahoo and hotmail are also attached to large money hungry companies.

And Im so glad you can afford several hard drives. IT MUST be nice,
not all of use are in that situation. I just lost everything on my lap
top, my only computer, so yes I am glad that I still have all of the
email stored on gmail. because I dont have time right now to deal with
reloading all of my saved data. Funny how moving impedes time for
things like that. about all I have time for is cking mail. and this
list is the only one Im keeping up with. with comments like this
though, Im wondering if I should be taking anything said on here as
even vaguely reliable.

Man get at least some facts straight, its fine to not like something,
but dont miss-inform others just because you are miss-informed, or are
making something up. god I hope that this is not how you come up with
answers regarding CS and health topics.

here Faith while your reading all the bad stuff about gmail, might as
well read what it actually does offer.
http://mail.google.com/mail/help/intl/en/about.html
Meg'gan

--
Meg'gan Gaumer
"food" for thought:

'The cell is immortal. It is merely the fluid in which it floats that
degenerates.'
-Dr. Alexis Carrel, Nobel Prize winner

'The countless names of illnesses do not really matter.  What does
matter is that they all come from the same root cause...too much
tissue acid waste in the body!'
-Theodore A. Baroody, N.D., D.C., Ph.D.

'There are two paths you can go by, but in the long run, you still
have time to change the road you're on.'
-Led Zeppelin