Morning Meggan,

>> Man get at least some facts straight,

  No, I found out I get better and more detailed replies when
I have them a little wrong.  <grin>

Thanks for the details.

>>What are you talking about, gmail is a decent web based mail free service, works much better then yahoo, or hotmail.

   OK.. understandable.

>>  It is not slow and does not have to be used with dail up.

    Everything is slow with dial ups.  That is all many of us have.

service that offers free POP3...

So you can pick up mail with any mail software ? If it is a genuine POP 3 you can.

If you do that, how does one have all his mail when the computer crashes ?

The is an option, "Leave mail on the server" but that is not a nice thing to do.

>> Yahoo and hotmail are also attached to large money
>> hungry companies.

And Im so glad you can afford several hard drives. IT MUST be nice,

   They are all FREE !   Except a new one every few years.

not all of use are in that situation. I just lost everything on my lap
top, my only computer, so yes I am glad that I still have all of the
email stored on gmail.

   Is there a limit as to how much you can store there ?

>>though, Im wondering if I should be taking anything said on here >> as even vaguely reliable.

    My mailing list is named,   "News, Truth, and Lies".
About 99 % of the medical information on the internet is false.

You have to sort out everything you read and decide which it is.

Man get at least some facts straight, its fine to not like something,
but dont miss-inform others just because you are miss-informed, or are making something up.

  Ideas and Opinions.  The main thing I said was that it is overrated.

 god I hope that this is not how you come up with
answers regarding CS and health topics.
   Many, if not most are based on ideas and opinions.
Some study and experience in involved.  Still, you have to sort them out.

here Faith while your reading all the bad stuff about gmail, might as well read what it actually does offer.
http://mail.google.com/mail/help/intl/en/about.html
   Good idea.   I am sure he is good at sorting things out.

It is rare that anything Free is as good as something that cost a small amount.

  Again, thinks for the comments and correcting my wrong ideas.

  And, I will read your link also.

  Not wrong all the time,
  Wayne