Well, FREE is very important to some people.  Otherwise they go without.

Faith

----- Original Message ----- From: "CWFugitt" <c_wa...@earthlink.net>
To: <silver-list@eskimo.com>
Sent: Sunday, July 29, 2007 11:17 AM
Subject: CS>What is Gmail

Morning Faith,

>> At 09:58 AM 7/29/2007, you wrote:
What's GMail?

  It is an overrated Web Mail.

Likely it is slow, it has to be using a dialup.

Nothing is as good as a POP3 and SMTP server.

It is is attached to Google, I would not use it for love or money.

Read this.
http://ph3rny.blogspot.com/2006/03/vulnerability-in-gmail.html

Someone said, When your computer crashes, you still have all your messages. There are ways to keep the computer from crashing. One can have 2, or 3 hard drives installed, or copy mail to an external hard drive. Or network copy to another computer.
One can even do OFF site backups if they desire.

I doubt that they would like my 2 GIGS plus of email.

Maybe they have no limit.

The searches would have to be slow, if they exist in a usable fashion.

Many people are still fishing in the dark to find a decent and FREE email service. More power to them.

Wayne