On 26-Sep-07, at 5:14 AM, Sandeep Shetty wrote:

Hi Guys,

this question as been asked before but i was unable to find an answer
thats good for me, so hope you guys can help again
i am working on a website where we need to sort the results by distance from the location entered by the user. I have indexed the lat and long info for each record in solr and also i can get the lat and long of the
location input by the user.
Previously we were using lucene to do this. by using the
SortComparatorSource we could sort the documents returned by distance
nicely. we are now switching over to lucene because of the features it
provides, however i am not able to see a way to do this in Solr.

If someone can point me in the right direction i would be very grateful!

Thanks in advance,
Sandeep

This email is confidential and may also be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient please notify us immediately by telephoning +44 (0)20 7452 5300 or email [EMAIL PROTECTED] You should not copy it or use it for any purpose nor disclose its contents to any other person. Touch Local cannot accept liability for statements made which are clearly the sender's own and are not made on behalf of the firm.

Sorry, I'm afraid the above email is already irrevokably publicly archived.

-Mike