M. Fioretti wrote:

The main drawback of SQLite is that it doesn't support ALTER
TABLE. It's a big limitation for simple users when building a
database. If this fonctionnality (and a few others) could be add in
a near future, SQLite would probably become the first choice for
OOo.

ALTER TABLE will probably start appearing (in stages) over the next several months. Rename table and rename column will appear first. Then add column and drop column. Finally add and drop constraints.

2)

So I hope that SQLite developpers will be able to work together with
OOo developpers to write an embeded OOo driver for SQLite (not
ODBC), and then to store SQLite database in the future OOo base file
format.

Storing an SQLite database as part of a larger file is problematic. (1) The SQLite database section needs to be contiguous and it needs to be growable. So at the very least, it would need to be at the end of the larger file. (2) If stored as part of a larger file, standard tools (such as sqlite3.exe) would not be able to read it since they would not know where to look for the start of the database. (3) SQLite needs a separate rollback journal file in order to support ACID transactions. Perhaps these objections could be overcome if I better understood the problem.

-- D. Richard Hipp -- [EMAIL PROTECTED] -- 704.948.4565