On Sun, Jul 25, 2004 11:47:27 AM +0200, Yves Chaufour
([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:

> I and a few other independant OOo users have tested OOo with SQLite
> and HSQLDB. Our goal is that these test results help the OOo dba
> developpers to make the choice of the next OOo embedded database.
> Our tests show that SQLite has very good performance, and that
> HSQLDB is very very slow when making requests.

Yves,

do you have graphs or tables showing these numbers, and explaining how
they were obtained? If so, what is the URL? It would be great to add
it in my article, to strenghten our thesis.

> it seems that OOo dba developpers are going to choose HSQLDB
> (perhaps because Sun loves java ?). We think it would be a bad
> choice for OOo. SQLite is already a standard and is already used by
> many applications.

My article will end with something like: "if you agree, please go vote
for issue/RFE number X at this URL, to request that OO.o integrates
SQLite as its embedded SQL engine. And tell everybody you know to do
the same, even if he uses KOffice or something else". Can I ask you to
go open such an issue in OO.o asap, so I can point to it in the
article?

I was planning to do it myself, but it would be better if it were done
by somebody who has studied and measured the technical details longer
than me. If you do it, as I hope:

1) include request that SQLite is made an OASIS standard?
2) please inform me and [EMAIL PROTECTED], so there is no duplication.

Ciao,
        Marco F.

--
Marco Fioretti                    mfioretti, at the server mclink.it
Red Hat & Fedora for low memory   http://www.rule-project.org/

Imagination is more important than knowledge -- Einstein