On Tue, Jul 15,'03 (01:56 PM GMT-0100), Dichotomy wrote:

> My solution, which is perhaps not the most efficient memory-wise, is
> to simply put it in (and retrieve it from) the session rather than the
> request.

I agree this is the best solution (using Session or Application scope).
I brought this topic up a long time ago and ultimately you really have
to use Session or Application scope if you plan to use Validation (or
else settle for headaches getting it to work correctly with Request
scope). If you use just Request scope you end up having to do
some'crazier'(aka annoying) things to get the lists of beans for the
drop downs to reset when validation fails. Search of the archives if you
insist on using Request scope for the form lists and you'll find ways to
do it, but none of them seemed worth the hassle(imo). If someone out
there still has a nice clean way to get these request scope Lists back
in scope after validation fails, I'd be interested in your solution.

--
Rick