-----Original Message-----
From: Bienvenido Sarria [SMTP:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, November 13, 2001 11:22 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: information request

November 13, 2001

To Whom It May Concern:

My name is Bienvenido Sarria, I am a professor and researcher at the Center
of Energy and Environmental Studies, at the University of Cienfuegos, Cuba.
Our center is responsible for the development and implementation of
alternative technologies in the area of energy and management in rural areas
of the country taking into consideration the characteristics of the area and
its natural resources.
In various parts of our country we have several kinds of biomass available
to use as a energy source for different process and the communities.
Recently, we were given a task to develop a Pilot Plant to burn rice husk
using Fluidized Beds technology.  The intention is to use the rice husk
available in the area to reduce the consumption of conventional fuels in the
drying process of the rice and to produce electrical energy for the
community where the rice plantations are located.  Besides reducing the
environmental impact this will also increase the employment positions
available and will improve the living conditions of the area.  This
technology could be introduced in several communities in Cuba and Latin
America where the biomass from agricultural crops are widely available, e.g.
wood chips, sugar cane bagasse, among others.
During the literature review we found that your organization, VITA, is a
non-profit organization that support people working on technical problems in
developing countries called VITA.  From VITA webpage we understand that it
offers information and assistance aimed at helping individuals and groups to
select and implement technologies appropriate to their situations.
Since we work in the area of energy and management we would like to know:
Is there a possibility to have access to some relevant information for this
specific project?  Is there a possibility to have some financial support to
develop this technology?
Should we refer to some other person and/or organizations?
Sincerely,

Bienvenido Sarria

Yahoo! Messenger
Comunicaci—n instant‡nea gratis con tu gente.
http://messenger.yahoo.es

---
Request Posted: vwww.vita.org/inquiry/
Volunteers in Technical Assistance