>      Hi All,
>        If the people of Cuba really wanted to help
>themselves they would overthrow Fidel and the
>communist.
>       I've watched as the US has 5 times tried to
>restart relations with Cuba and each time Fidel has
>done something like murder people in international
>waters and other such acts to stop it from happening.
>       I live in Fla amoung the early refugee Cubans,
>the Batista's generation, which I can see why they
>would want to kick them out. Which, like Fidel, they
>are no better than the other dictators of past of
>central and so America and worst than many. So I don't
>want them to take power back either.
>      Until Fidel and the Communist are gone things
>will not get better there to any degree worth
>mentioning.
>      Having visited Cuba in 1979 and following the
>situation all my life the lives the people have to
>live is very sad. They have less than nothing most of
>the time.
>      Just so you know whom you are helping, it's
>Fidel Castro and the commustist, not it's people who
>get nothing but some beans and rice but not even soap.
>                 jerry dycus

Hm. No soap, even, eh? Now are you quite sure about that, Jerry? I
mean, considering the following (which puts them somewhat ahead of
the US), they probably don't go short of soap either:

"Cuba was forced to find alternatives to petrol by the American
embargo on trade with them. They caught onto the idea of using second
hand oil that had already been used for cooking. Collection vans
visit houses and business to take away their waste oil and turn it
into biodiesel."
http://www.bbc.co.uk/science/scienceshack/backcat/adamexp/wlbiodiesels.shtml
BBC - Science - Science Shack - Biodieselsr

"... nothing but some beans and rice" you say, you're sure about that too?

"There's a new revolution on the island nation of Cuba; this time in
the production of food. The collapse of the Soviet Union forced Cuba
to turn to small-scale organic farming and urban gardens. This
dramatic agricultural transformation is unparalleled in the world
today. American agricultural experts, including some Minnesotans, are
taking notice..."

"... Nowadays, most Cubans have enough to eat. Urban gardens produce
more than half of the fruits and vegetables consumed in Cuba. By law
no chemicals can be used on any urban gardens...."

"... In Havana, a city with slightly less population than the Twin
Cities, 26,000 people work urban gardens. And so, the experts are
asking, is Cuba's system of urban gardens worth exporting to the U.S.
and other countries? Does it make sense that valuable urban land be
used to grow food?  Oxfam's Minor Sinclair says yes..."
http://news.mpr.org/features/200104/11_stuckym_cuba/
Havana: An Agrarian City (MPR News Feature)

Cuba Leads the World in Organic Farming -- Cuba has developed one of
the most efficient organic agriculture systems in the world, and
organic farmers from other countries are visiting the island to learn
the methods. Organic agriculture has become the key to feeding the
nation's growing urban populations.
http://www.projectcensored.org/c2001stories/12.html

In 1990 Cuba's cheap supplies of grain, tractors and agrochemicals
were cut off with the collapse of the Soviet Union. Pesticide use
halved overnight, as did the calorie intake of its citizens. Strapped
for cash, Cuba was forced to embrace low-input farming or starve.
Today, oxen have replaced the tractors, and farmers have adopted
organic methods, mixing maize with beans and cassava and doubling
yields in the process, helping average calorie intake per person rise
back to pre-1990 levels. -- "An Ordinary Miracle", New Scientist, 3
February 2001.

A group of Iowa farmers, professors, and students traveled to Cuba in
June 2000 to view the country's approach to sustainable agriculture.
Cuba relies on organic farming, using compost and worms to fertilize
soil. "In many ways they're ahead of us," says Richard Wrage, of
Boone County Iowa Extension Office. Lorna Michael Butler, Chair of
Iowa State University's sustainable agriculture department said,
"more students should study Cuba's growing system." -- AP, 5June 2000

Despite the US embargo, Cuba has turned a severe food crisis into a
sustained recovery in food production... Some have called Cuba a
national laboratory in organic agriculture... Imports of pesticides
and herbicides actually dropped from 1995 to 1998, yet food
production rose over the same period... Forty years after the birth
of the Cuban revolution, Cuba can claim greater diversity in its
production and in its trading partners than it ever has had in modern
history. Remarkably, Cuba has brought about this dramatic change in
agriculture in the middle of a massive economic crisis. -- Oxfam
Report on Cuban Agriculture, July 20, 2001
http://www.oxfamamerica.org/cuba
"Cuba: Going Against the Grain" - Executive Summary:
http://www.oxfamamerica.org/cuba/execsumm.html

All for Fidel Castro, eh, nothing for anybody else? Just as long as
you're sure of your facts, Jerry.

Keith Addison
Journey to Forever
Handmade Projects
Tokyo
http://journeytoforever.org/

>--- cpech <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > See website of a company called BC International
> > (www.bcintlcorp.com).
> > Sounds like they might be able to help.

StartMeUp jump starts your car's battery
using only the cigarette lighter.
$24.95 at Youcansave.com
http://us.click.yahoo.com/0gK_ND/LTTDAA/ySSFAA/FGYolB/TM