<x-charset ISO-8859-1>Jatropha,

                    Based on the information I've seen the seed oil yeild is
0.21.  under normal cultivation there is a yeild of around 2,000 litres of
oil per hectare. Cetane on the oil is 64-67 making it more efficient than #2
Diesel.  Although the trees bear fruit in 6 months, does anyone know what
the hectare yeild on the fruit  at 6 months growth.  Life expectancy is also
low at 15 years, does anyone know when the tree reaches maturity and how
long it will bear fruit?  I also understand that the oil cakes cannot be
used in animal feed, is this due to toxicity levels?  Does anyone know?
There would be around 8 tonnes of oil cake per hectare.  Is there any other
use of the oil cake other than as fertilizer?  What is the nitrogen content?

                    Neem oil can also be used as biodiesel but is normally
used as a pesticide.  Does anyone know how long it takes before a neem tree
bears fruit?  Does anyone know what the yeild will be per hectare at this
stage?   Oil cakes can be used in feed after going through a solvent
extraction process, does anyone know what the process is.

                    I noticed that some of you have done research on the
biodiesel oils are there any suggestions on two crops one for short term
economically viable yeilds and another on the long term.  My understanding
is that Palm trees can produce 5,000 litres per hectare of oil but I don't
know what the growth period is before palm trees start to bear fruit.

        We intend to start up a site in Jarkhand which will be run by rural
Santhal people and want to look at ways to allow them to produce fuel oil
cash crops within a one year period plus have additional higher yeild crops
that will produce economically viable fuel oils within 2-3 years.  Any
recommendations?  I'm also concerned about the oil cakes that will be
produced and would appreciate advice on what plants to avoid when dealing
with the disposal of the cakes.

        Are there any persons who would like to consult on this topic with
regards to plantation, extraction, yeild and processing rates. Installation
of extraction and processing equipment and training?

Best regards,

Sumit