Hi George, Alex

>I'd take that a bit further.  I believe a 5-10 acre farm is capable of
>providing most of the nutritional needs of 50-100 families, or about 10
>families/acre.  (Sorry for the US measures).

I'd agree with that. Chinese farmers were doing nearly that a hundred
years ago, and we've learnt a very great deal since then. ("Chinese"
farms and farmers refers more to a farming system than to farms
specifically in China - Chinese-type farms. You find them all over
Southeast Asia, and all over the world.)

Best

Keith

<snip>