Todd,

I did not say you said those things, I said there were posted in the
original message on the thread.  And yes some of it is implied, but how
else does one interpret: "For example, Jet Air Travel. I am amazed at the
number of so-called
environmentalists that refuse to give up this particular bad habit."

I don't know why you think I am missing the impact of my choices when I
admit that life is a matter of trade-offs and balance.  I run a sustainable
farm, it requires daily attendance.  My family is scattered to the
winds.  Balance for me is to keep my small share of petroleum resources to
go and see my family.  Driving or train or any other slower method of
travel means selling the farm!  Or are you volunteering to look after it
for several months while this decreped old body slowly moves across a
continent and back.  Yes I have a friend who will do my chores for 2 weeks,
but she does not weed gardens, or start new plants or breed my rabbits or
any of the other things that need to be done for the future.  She does
basic maitainance for the farms survival.

I have chosen the lowest impact lifestyle I can.  To choose, generally
means to understand what the choices are.

Aristotle said it thousands of years ago:  Happiness is the greatest
Good.   What is wrong with pleasure?  Pleasure does not equal greed.  I do
not see how we are going to get anyone to live more environmentally sound
if we treat pleasure as evil.  How many and what resources do you need to
give you pleasure?  My pleasure is not about accumulating things, but
enjoying the natural world.  It is the joy of finding more and more earth
worms in my soil.  Of watching the lambs play.  Of watching the baby
bunnies play.  Of eating good food that was grown in healthy soil.  Maybe
this is why I don't owe any money?

While I had to post and run; If you wish to continue this, it will have to
be after I return.  I am going no mail for 2 weeks.

Bright Blessings,
Kim