Martin, the problem is not the soft copper but that soft copper becomes
'hard copper' after some time.
Due to bending, pressing and vibration the copper hardens and becomes
brittle (much easier breakable then mild steel). Nevertheless it can be
'softened' again by heating it up to 'color changing' temperature. This
should also be done on copper 'gasket' rings (oil drain plugs) before
reinstalling.
And Ed.. well if the lines are in fiberglass or firm mounted, so that no
open swinging is possible, that's ok. It wont break until you try to
bend it. But if you just coil it open around exhaust or make similar
home made constructions, then the lines will swing and eventually break.

Urs

> I don't understand the problem with using soft copper for fuel line,
just make
> sure it's secured obviously. If you didn't know, diesels use steel for
their
> high pressure lines. Steel tube is more brittle than copper!
> -Martin

<SNIP>

>Ok, Joe, but just wondering, is there any difference in copper (alloys
or
>such?) - copper fuel line was used in my tugboat, and has been there
since
>1964, with plenty of vibration and bouncing, and no problems.
>

>Ed B.

Biofuel at Journey to Forever:
To unsubscribe, send an email to:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]