Please respond to biofuel@yahoogroups.com

To:   biofuel@yahoogroups.com
cc:    (bcc: Joseph Martelle/US/GM/GMC)
Subject:  Re: [biofuel] Lucas diesel pumps

>I don't understand the problem with using soft copper for fuel line, just make
>sure it's secured obviously. If you didn't know, diesels use steel for their
>high pressure lines. Steel tube is more brittle than copper!
>-Martin

Yes Diesels use steeel for the high pressure lines, but have you looked at them?
The wall thickness is many times that of thin wall copper. And copper is less
brittle only until it hardens .

--- Edward Beggs <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Ok, Joe, but just wondering, is there any difference in copper (alloys or
> such?) - copper fuel line was used in my tugboat, and has been there since
> 1964, with plenty of vibration and bouncing, and no problems.

Yes there is a difference in copper alloys. Don't know why your copper line on
your tugboat has lasted so long, but if you take a look at any vehicle on the
road, none of them use copper for fuel lines, gasoline or diesel. There's a
reason for this.  :-) Joe

Biofuel at Journey to Forever:
To unsubscribe, send an email to:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]