There are rumours that IE8 will have native svg support.

The rumour says that IE7 won't have it because it was too difficult and too
late support it, but that a decision was made to support svg in IE8.

This makes sense given that IE is slipping in rankings behind other
implementations that do support SVG, and it is hard to regain/stop-loss when
your competitors offer more than you do.

Something to keep in mind is that a technology which supports XAML will easily
supports svg, since the there is a huge overlap in functionality only the
slightest element name changes.

Then again, rumours are just that.

Maybe IE staff would care to comment on this rumour

Ronan

--
Ronan Oger
Director