I think it is a good thing that Adobe ends the SVGViewer, because everybody
knows in the meantime
that Adobe has a new technology Flex/Flash and SVG is competing to this. Now
SVG has the possibility
to grow to a nonpartisan standard which is not influenced by one company

But the way Adobe tries to constrain each SVG developer to Flex/Flash is very
bad. EOL of SVGViewer
is ok but removing the product within 1,5 years from market is not ok. They
know that there is no
alternative for IE at the moment. I agree with Jon that this time slot should
be think over by
Adobe.

With Flex/Flash i have no alternative to SVG i think. With this product i have
the same thing we had
with SVG in the past. Adobe has the only control because a plugin the
FlashPlayer is neede. Who say
to me, that Adobe will not said in two years: i have a new technology because
of this EOL of
Flex/Flash in one year? Or all users now use Flex/Flash now they have to pay a
fee for using this
product. This imorally, but Adobe use this procedure with SVG why not with
other products too.

Regards
Armin

http://us.click.yahoo.com/3EuRwD/bOaOAA/yQLSAA/1U_rlB/TM