On Mon 2023-10-02 21:42:01 +1100, Andrew Harvey wrote:

> [... 15 lines elided]

> It's been a while since I worked on this, but I believe it was the
> matching of existing OSM addresses to Vicmap, and that matching
> affects most of the import stages.

OK, what is needed to be done for "Stage 2 - Set unit from housenumber"?

>     > Are you interested in working on it?

>     Absolutely! Thankfully git is decentralised so I don't really need
>     gitlab account.

> It would be much easier if you can create one though as otherwise
> collaboration will be difficult. From what I can see you just need
> either a phone number OR credit card, so you should be able to create
> an account without a credit card.

Well, I just tried again, and it asked again for me credit card info. It
appears that they want all three (credit card, phone and email), and I
can't simply skip the credit card and give them my phone number / email
address. TBH I find it pretty invasive - even github only asks for email
address.

> On Mon, 2 Oct 2023 at 11:45, Yuchen Pei <i...@ypei.org> wrote:

>     Maybe we can go stage by stage. Stage 1 - postal_code is the first
>     stage
>     that has not been completed.

>     I built the dist/postalCodeURLs.txt file (see attached) yesterday
>     and it
>     contains 2425 JOSM RemoteControl urls. Shall we go ahead and
>     import
>     them (or a newly generated version)?

> I spent some time today reviewing the import again, and this one was
> ready, so I've done it at

Cool, thanks.

> [... 18 lines elided]

> It was built to run the whole process and generate all the outputs
> from all the import stages together, at this stage I wouldn't be
> refactoring it.

Fair enough!

Best,
Yuchen

--
Timezone: UTC+11
PGP Key: 47F9 D050 1E11 8879 9040  4941 2126 7E93 EF86 DFD0