Ralf Hermanns wrote:
> I think there is conflicting information here:
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:boundary%3Dadministrative and here:
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/WikiProject_Belgium/Boundaries
>
> On the Tag:boundary=administrative page (first link) it says
> communities/provinces go on level 5 and arrondisments on 6 - while on the
> subproject page it only list the language communites on level 5 and puts
> provinces onto 6 (thereby moving arrondisments and towns further down)

Don't have much time to reply, so a short one:

Always look at the country specific page to get the answers. The international
page is just there for some "guiding", but the countries have to make their
own rules. As is the case for Belgium.

country: level 2
regions: level 4
communities: level 5
provinces: level 6
arrondissements: level 7
municipalities: level 8
district/deelgemeentes/sections: level 9

I've just spent some time yesterday fixing numerous borders in Wallonia which
were tagged incorrectly...

Greetings
Ben