On Wed, 8 Jun 2011 11:22:28 +0200, Andre Engels wrote:
On Wed, Jun 8, 2011 at 11:17 AM, Maarten Deen <md...@xs4all.nl> wrote:

Don't have much time to reply, so a short one:

Always look at the country specific page to get the answers. The
international
page is just there for some "guiding", but the countries have to make
their
own rules. As is the case for Belgium.

country: level 2
regions: level 4
communities: level 5
provinces: level 6
arrondissements: level 7
municipalities: level 8
district/deelgemeentes/sections: level 9

Then why is this information not on the international page? There is
absolutely no reason to have conflicting information on a wiki.
In this list I am missing single towns. A municipality consists of multiple
towns. Should it not be: municipality:8, town:9,
district/deelgemeentes/sections:10?
I assume 10 can be used for sububurbs/wijken too? (does Belgium have that
concept like the Netherlands?)

'Deelgemeente' in Belgium is a different concept than in the
Netherlands. They are former municipalities, which in the 1960s or
1970s have fused into larger municipalities. Thus, a
deelgemeente/district/section is more like a town than like a wijk.

Ok, I've also looked at wikipedia, to me it seems that from low admin_level to high it should be:
- Municipality (Gemeente/Commune)
- Deelgemeente/district
- Town
- Suburb (Wijk)

That would then suggest that everything from region down should be dropped one admin_level:

country: level 2
regions: level 3
communities: level 4
provinces: level 5
arrondissements: level 6
municipalities: level 7
district/deelgemeentes/sections: level 8
town: level 9
suburb: level 10

Or start using admin_level=11.

Maarten